2008, 10mins 05s
This talk with P Sainath is good to recollect in light of the current Katju vs. Media debates.
Palagummi Sainath (1957-), the 2007 winner of the Ramon Magsaysay award for journalism, literature, and creative communications arts, is an award winning Indian development journalist – a term he himself avoids, instead preferring to call himself a ‘rural reporter’ or simply ‘reporter’ – and photojournalist focusing on social problems, rural affairs, poverty and the aftermaths of Globalization in India. This talk with him is directed by the Shillong Workshop, edited by Deepa Bhatia and Amit Patel, and produced by Neelima Mathur, Pramod Mathur and Iikka Vehkalahti.
- The real issue with journalism today (punarnavbharat.wordpress.com)
- JUSTICE KATJU – MEDIA DEBATE : Justice Markandey Katju on the role of media in India (indialawyers.wordpress.com)
- Justice Markandey Katju on the role of media in India (thehindu.com)
- Capturing from the Cattle side (penyields.wordpress.com)
- JUSTICE KATJU – MEDIA DEBATE : Press freedom must be examined (indialawyers.wordpress.com)