This is an ongoing series of demonstrations in New York City based in the Zuccotti Park, formerly Liberty Plaza Park. The concerns of the protesters are social and economic inequality, corporate greed, and the influence of corporate money and lobbyists on governments, among others.
Naomi Klein writes in Counter Currents on the nature of this movement, its importance, and its possible future at a time when money is eating up the world. She says,
Let’s treat this beautiful movement as if it is the most important thing in the world. Because it is. It really is.
- ‘A New Shift in Power’: Documentary Offers an Intimate Look at Occupy Wall Street (newsfeed.time.com)
- Occupy Wall Street – Bill Maher (facebook.com)
- Michael Moore on Occupy Wall Street (youtube.com)
- Krugman: Wall Street Protests Offers Obama a Second Chance (chron.com)
- Some Say Occupy Wall Street Protestors Aimless; Facts say Otherwise (forbes.com)